Brief history of the One-Room Schoolhouse
link photo
Huntington Township had not one,
but seven one-room schoolhouses
that provided an education for the
children of Huntington from 1856-1911.

For more details click here
(allow a few seconds to upload)
Take a field-trip back about 130 years
when Huntington had seven classrooms
and all were miles apart.
Our renovated school has been restored to match the era of the 1980s. It features 26 vintage school desks. On each of the desks are copies of McGuffey’s second reader and raise new intellectual arithmetic plus a chalkboard with chalk and eraser.
Also featured is a functional copy of a historical 1870s Monroe primary reading flipchart, a dunces stool and a recitation bench.
There are extra chairs in back or monitors
or other visitors. There is no charge. A lunch room and restroom facilities are available in
an adjoining building
For large classes the Huntington historical Society’s Museum and the adjoining building can be opened so that half classes can take turns using the schoolhouse and visiting the museum. A museum guide will be provided.

For more information you can call
Mr. Ernie Hartman, 440 – 647 – 3723.
Or
email Clyde Nehrenz
ctnehrenz@ncwcom.com

The maps are for general location
of our One Room Schoolhouse.

Using Firefox Browser will gave the best results when viewing this website.


location map
map 162 &58